Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Out of a job yet? Keep buying foreign."

This bumper sticker....let me back track....
I think bumper stickers are for people with fixed ideas; I am not one of those people. If I were to have a bumper sticker, it would have my important statement, followed by: I may not feel like this next week. It seems as though the more I'm open to learn about other people and their view of the world, the more my convictions change. I can get as evangelical as the next guy, but I'm quick to feel the embarrassment that comes with that type of attitude, so I make an effort to change it.

Every time I see the "out of a job yet? keep buying foreign." bumper sticker, which has been a lot lately, I want to pull up to the driver and shout, "read the tag of your shirt you fucking moron!"

I drive a Toyota Corolla Sport. What did I take into consideration while car shopping the lot? Gas mileage.
The previously mentioned bumper sticker can usually be seen on the bumper of an American made Ford F-150 to F-350. Give me a fucking break! The only reason you need a an F-350 is if your hauling around recovered pieces of the Titanic.

If America wants us to buy American, our request is simple: start making economically efficient products.

No comments:

Post a Comment